Kissable Lips... For the Winter Blues...

2 comments

You know the score, its a windy day, it's cold, could be raining too. Feet are cold, hands are cold and to top it off your poor lips are chapped :(

That is where this post comes in, here I list my current lip saviours.

In no particular order...Of course :)

Korres Lip Butter £7.00

They say: 'A buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. The combination of Shea butter and rice wax offers deep hydration and softness. ideal for chapped lips.'

Do I agree? I surely do, the texture is simply divine and I would say that it leave my lips soft and for someone who is suffering from chapped lips its a mean feat! I have the Jasmine version but would like to add to my collection, if your not sure which one to get I would go for the Jasmine one as they are tinted and this one in particular doesn't add much colour. 

Carmex Cherry Lip Balm £2.69

Ahh Carmex I think most people are accustomed to this brand of Lip care by now and it is forever one of my favourite lip balms, especially the Cherry. I absolutely love the smell of it although I know not everyone does. I will tell you, it doesn't taste as good as it smells so don't try it. it also has an added SPF of 15 in there which is always a bonus, as the lips, along with the eyes, have the thinnest, most delicate skin than anywhere else on the body.

Dior Lip Glow £22.00

So I know this one is a bit steep price wise but honestly it is an investment that you wont regret. If like me, you want comfortable soft lips without compromising on a wash of colour then this little beauty is for you. Apply to your lips and watch in amazement as your lips turn a shade of pink that is personal to you. This 'color awakening lipbalm' as they put it, will last and is great if your going for the natural look one day.

Banana Boat Aloe Vera SPF 30 £3.99

This is a surprising entry for me also, I picked up this lip balm before I jetted off on my summer holidays, as I wanted a high protection for the lips that I could carry around all day, this one didn't  disappoint  I didn't burn my lips (Hurray!), lasted ages, and most surprisingly really kept my lips soft. So soft in fact, that I still have this in my handbag every day and still using well into the colder months. If your planning a little winter sun take this with you, and I'm confident you will use it on your return. Oh and it smells like lemon sherbet. Mmmm!

Lush Ultrabalm £8.25

This pot is huge and has lasted me for what seems like forever. I've used this thing for almost everything and anything, chapped lips, sunburn, paper cuts, take my make off (no, honestly I've done it once), cuticles, taming flyaways, tattoo moisturiser (It's been done), crazy brows. You name it. I wouldn't say it's the most moisturising balm out there, but it is a good protector, think of it as the natural Elizabeth Arden 8 hour protector. If you are a sufferer of dry, chapped lips or work outside, this is something that could work for you. I also love the fact that there is only three ingredients in this pot, those being: Organic Jojoba Oil, Candelilla wax (whatever that it) and Rose wax. That's it!

I expect to add to this list as I have just done a little online retail therapy and added into my basket yet another lip balm but I'll review that one as and when.

What are your favourites? I'm always ready to add to my collection so don't be shy

Siobhan xxx






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I enjoyed very much your blog, is really interesting and this post has helped me a lot.
    Congratulations on a blog so pretty.
    If you can visit my blog. http://pperlenoir.blogs.elle.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I will take a look at it now :) xxx

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig