Review: ESPA Detoxifing Seaweed Bath

21 comments
Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a good week so far? Though I'd do a review seen as I've been using this for nearly a month now and I'm pretty happy to write a review. I featured this in my favourites here if you fancy a look... So anyway onto the review...

This was bought as a present however this is actually something I wanted and would have bought myself eventually anyway. ESPA describe this as 'a clarifying, uplifting tonic to help detoxify for firmer, smoother skin.' Now I don't ever believe that a cream or whatever can give you firmer skin - you need exercise for that, simple as! However, I do believe that products can aid you to achieve your toning goal.

I had been looking at this product as it raves about been detoxifying and that's certainly something I need, what with all the caffeine I drink (Tea lover!) and chocolate I consume I thought my poor body would welcome this with open arms, and it did!

The instructions direct you to add two capfuls to your bath, then jump in and relax for 20 minutes and also advices as this product is highly stimulating its best use in the morning so that you can continue to flush out toxins throughout the day by drinking lots of water. I have always used this on a morning and find it really refreshing and uplifting not to mention softening on the skin :) the capfuls are only small by the way so this product should last a good while!

So first of all, the bottle is beautiful and packaged gorgeously in a glass bottle, I wouldn't expect anything less! I adore the smell of this product - think aromatherapy oils and your on the mark! the liquid inside is a questionable shade of grunge but rest assured this is luxury detoxing at its best! After soaking away I get out and immediately drink a pint of water - don't ask why a pint, its just how I'm rolling :) I just assume the more water the better hey? I then carry a water bottle all day to ensure I drink plenty of the clear stuff throughout the day! On the days where I haven't drank much water, and just drank pretty much tea all day I've ended up with a headache, I don't know if its a coincident but I'm presuming they're telling you to drink water for a reason so i would advise to stick to the instructions.

So how often would you use this you ask? There are a few ways - first you could use this as some kind of maintenance product and use it about two times a week. I was also advised that this could be used as an intensive treatment over the course of two weeks every morning - this would be good if you was doing a detox with food and alcohol at the same time maybe? Or just before a special occasion, say wedding or holiday? Lastly the final way was to pour some onto your hands and massage into cellulite prone areas like thighs wait a moment before getting into the bath and then continue as normal - this would be good for anyone suffering from stubborn cellulite maybe? There is also a detoxifying bath oil and body oil in the collection which would also help.

This retails for £25 pricey I know, but it is a luxury item so I don't think its actually that bad for the brand. You can buy online at www.espaonline.com, from salons and at Harvey Nichols too. I would recommend this to anyone who is particularly interested in detoxing and is looking for a product to aid. I would buy this again if I was embarking on detoxing or after Christmas maybe lol? Next on my ESPA wish list is a body oil and room candle too. 

So what do you think? Is this something you would try? Have you ever tried detoxing items before? Do you think they work? P.s If you want to follow me on Bloglovin you can by clicking the button on my side bar...

Siobhan xxx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments

  1. This has been on my wish list for some time now, it sounds divine xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it... It's a lovely way to start the day :)

      S xxx

      Delete
  2. This is the second positive review of this product that I've seen on 5 minutes, so it has to be good hehe! Great post; it's very informative! <3

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see anyone not liking it lol :)

      S xxx

      Delete
  3. hello, today I discovered your blog! it's really nice so I decided to follow u on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you'll do the same
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick! I will check yours out :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'd love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo I'm always looking for products to improve my skin, it is quite pricey but worth it if it works! Lovely blog, following in GFC and bloglovin :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried detoxing; I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this product.
    Thanks~

    xoxo
    S
    Life's Perceptions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! It's worth checking out if your thinking of detoxing

      S xx

      Delete
  8. Great post, I love your blog!
    I nominated you for the Liebster blogger award :)
    You can check the post here - http://allthingsbeautiful54.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thank you very much.. I will have a look :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig