Why Do You Wear Makeup Tag

12 comments
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is having a good weekend? I was recently tagged by the lovely Julz AKA 'J-Bean' at Julz Obsessions to do a 'why do you wear make-up  post which I actually find very interesting to read myself so here it is :)

And here is a picture I took the other morning after doing my make up, you know as you do :)



1. When did you begin to love make up?

Gosh, probably as long as I can remember  I have always been a very girly girl and always loved looking in my mums make up bag as a kid and as I got older I loved reading magazines and getting tips and tricks on make up - I never wore loads as a teenager as I always thought it was bad for the skin and so would only wear it for 'special' occasions lol. However as I got older and became specially trained as a make up artist I found myself experimenting more and more. I guess I've always loved make up and the more I learnt the more I loved :)

2. How do yo feel without make up?

I actually quite happy without make up on - I'm comfortable in my own skin now, however if you had asked me a few years ago I'd have said I wouldn't leave the bedroom without it on haha - well not quite but you know! But as I have to wear make up for work (I work on a make-up counter) I feel quite naked without it lol. I think too many people think they have to wear make up to look good but I personally think people are being too hard on themselves and everyone is beautiful - warts and all! But yeah overall I'm happy without it - just so long as I have mascara though! I would never give up make-up as I love it too much and just love creating new looks and getting dolled up is one of my favourite things to do :)

3.What do you like about make up?

I love how it can change how someone feels about themselves, I can't tell you the amount of times I've done someones make-up who weren't feeling that great about themselves to suddenly leaving with a smile on their face and to me that's what make up does - it can make you feel great about yourself! It's not about masking its about enhancing ;) I also like how you can experiment with different looks and to me it never gets boring trying out new make up - even though I have tons of it, there's always room for more! Plus another thing I love about the UK actually is the fact that a lot our 'high street' make up is good too.

4. Three 'Holy Grail' items?

Ooo this is a toughie! To be honest I switch products so much when it comes to make up but I'll think of what I tend to use the most of. Or have bought a few times

Collection 2000 Lasting perfection concealer - Just a bargain and does what it says on the tin!
Benefit Hoola Bronzer - this has been one of my favourite bronzers for 7 years.
MAC Shy Girl Lipstick - This is one of them lipsticks that I have just bought over and over again.

So there you have it! So what does everyone else think of when it comes to make up?  I tag everyone to do this tag! Please leave me a link on here or twitter if you do it so that I can read them :)

Siobhan xxx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments

  1. Loved this!

    Me likey your everyday makeup bits! Being a makeup artist must be so fun. I agree- no matter how much makeup I have I feel like I need more. I really want to try Hoola Bronzer- is it good for contouring?

    Jbean xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab for contouring! As its matte and buildable :)

      Siobhan xxx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this, it's nice to see someone who's comfortable in their own skin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Siobhan, I've tagged you in 50 Random Question Tage. Pls go through the link :-)

    http://sunniewrites.blogspot.com/2013/03/50-random-question-tag.html

    Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently got the smashbox primer light and I really love it!!! Great products

    Please check out and follow my blog! I would really appreciate it! <3
    http://seasidebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the smashbox primers too :) Thanks I will xx

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! Following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww fantastic Thank you :) I will!

      S xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the lasting perfection concealer :) x

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig