Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

14 comments
Hello Girlies! How is everyone? Hope the weekend is treating you well? I'm not working today and have a lot on this week so thought I would spend a bit of time blogging today :) I have also just signed up for a 10k run in Leeds and should be training today for that but hey it's Sunday - the day of rest ha! 

So today I'm going to be reviewing a product that I have been using recently which is - Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturiser. I have been using this for a few weeks now. This moisturiser is described by Clinique as:

Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. in their place a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One 'drink' and skin looks and feels happier, healthier.

I have to agree with the description of this product - upon application my skin felt smoother and more hydrated and any tightness was instantly relived. I tend to use this on an evening however it can be used throughout the day just bear in mind that it doesn't contain an spf so you would be best to add one. 

For reference I don't have dry skin, my skin is combination and never ever get flakiness in my skin due to dryness, however my skin in very dehydrated due to me stripping it most likely through scrubs and masks! and also being in air conditioned places, which is rubbish for the skin. I can be prone to breakout if I use the wrong products therefore I am very weary about 'moisturising' products as I have in the past found them too rich and emollient for my skin.

This moisturiser is not like any other I have used before due to its texture and also the fact that its highly hydrating but is oil-free - therefore excellent for my skin! I have noticed such an improvement in my skin since sing this and have found that I can tell the difference when I don't use it too. 

I started using this after getting a sample after I burnt my face (don't ask - I'm accident prone! Lol!) and a few colleagues recommended this a few times so I thought why not!? Also I knew I was dehydrated so it came in good time! Although I work for the brand this is something I hadn't personally tried (and no, I didn't get it free! Lol), although I knew it was well loved by consultants and customers alike. Before using this I tended to stick to products designed for breakout prone skins but seen as I'm getting older I thought I needed something more 'grown up'.

It can be used as a daily moisturiser,  as a 'top up' throughout the day over make up (this may be better for the drier skin type though!) and also as a five minute moisture mask an then tissue off. I tend to just use it on an evening though or before the gym. Although I like the sound of using it as a mask i probably wouldn't as 1. it would use too much too quickly and 2. they now have the moisture surge overnight mask that I would use for that :) When I wake up my skin feels smoother and in better condition and also use it along side any spot treatments, during the times of the dreaded breakout arghh and it works a treat!

The cream contains a high level of aloe which makes it a perfect holiday or summer moisturiser that wont feel too slimy or greasy in high humidity. It feels cooling on the skin and so would benefit someone with sensitive skin, especially because it contains for fragrance what so ever. If your looking for a simple hydrating moisturiser that wont clog your skin then I would highly recommend this product  it is designed for all skin types even the driest, however there is an intense version of this product that might be more suited for the very dry which is more of a cream texture. 

Overall this is something that I would certainly buy again and definitely found a new favourite! The product is £32 for 50mls which I think compared to other premium products is a great price. If your skin is dehydrated then I would recommend giving this product a second glance, if like me your worried about breaking out then don't be as its non comedogenic and non acnegenic meaning it been tested to not clog pores or cause breakouts. If your very dry to dry and feel this just might not be enough for you then the intense version might be up your street! However this can still be used by the very dry and think most people would also love this product. 

So what do you think? Have you tried this product before? What did you think of it? Anyone using something similar that they would also recommend?


Siobhan xxx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

  1. This sounds lovely and I really like the little pot xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is :) I know its a handy pot actually

      S xx

      Delete
  2. this sounds amazing and exactly what my skin needs. I have dry skin and acne so it can be hard for me to find suitable products since most acne products are for oily skin. Once I have spare cash I am going to invest in a whole set of.clinique products.

    Thanks for th review.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can def recommend them.. Go in store and have a proper consultation though to make sure you get the right products :)

      S xxx

      Delete
  3. Great informative review lovely! This sounds like an amazing moisturizer and I like that it can be used in a variety of ways. I use Simple moisturizer at the moment but really need to invest in an anti aging one lol.

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good! I can't recommend enough actually :)

      S xxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful review! I have this stuff and looove it. Clinique is pretty much amazing :)

    xo, samantha
    www.sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks!! :) I know I love them

      S xxxx

      Delete
  5. Ooh! I might have to give this moisturiser a try, I love clinique! I'm following, check out my blog too if you like!

    x

    http://kitsch-kouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks chick... I will do lovely

      S xxx

      Delete
  6. So today I'm going to be reviewing a product that I have been using recently which is - Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief ... cliniquesurge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig