Review: Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel

4 comments
I bought this product because I had been suffering from a break out and wanted a 'quick fix'. I didn't care how much it was I just wanted something that I could put on and it would work as quickly as possible. After some research I found this product, it had really great review everywhere from people saying it worked miracles and that some even found it too strong to use every night! I though 'aha! This is perfect'.  I went out and bought it and couldn't wait to get it on my face that night! 

My pictures were taken in evening light by the way so sorry for the poor pictures lol (again!)



What they say

'Recommended for blemished and breakout prone skin. An overnight treatment designed to help clear skin congestion and help prevent future breakouts. A Vitamin B complex of Niacinamide and Biotin combined with Zinc Gluconate, Yeast Extract, Caffeine and Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid soothes aggravation, inhibits over-active sebaceous gland activity and purifies. Rosemary and Spiraea extracts inhibit growth of bacteria while stimulating the skins natural barrier function for clearer, healthier skin. Salicylic Acid sloughs off pore clogging skin cells to inhibit development of further breakouts, while naturally soothing Tea Tree Oil assists in skin rejuvenation. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour'.

For reference I have combination skin that is known to be prone to those pesky breakouts. Damn you skin!

So did it work I hear you ask? Erm in short no, not really. Not enough to warrant the price anyway! I feel this is part my fault for expecting such big things but the reviews were just so good! I noticed slight improvement after using this for a few nights in a row but at the same time these results were not an awful lot different to results seen in lesser priced products. It did however combat the redness of a spot which is a massive bonus! But it just didn't deliver for me. I feel this product for me would work best as a 'maintenance' product. One that would be used every week or so to keep my skin in good condition maybe? That's what I'm using it for at the moment anyway.  It does claim to prevent future breakout and I feel this would be true based on the ingredients, Salicylic Acid is an important ingredient at reducing the possibility of future breakouts and this product contains 2.0% which is a good amount. 

Don't get me wrong I don't think its a bad product, it has all the components to be great with ingredients like Zinc, Vitamin B complex, Rosemary, Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid. It just didn't have the amazing total clearing results I wanted so I was a little bit disappointed but never mind as like I say I have now found a use for it :)

So at the moment I am at no rush to go out and repurchase this product, however I wouldn't rule out the possibility in the future if I find this works well at prevention! This product retails for £38.00 for 50mls but you can buy it from look fantastic for £28.00 so that's a great price. This product is part of the MediBac Clearing range that Dermalogica do, so if you have had success with that range then this may well work for you! I don't doubt for a second that it worked for the people with great reviews but unfortunately it wasn't amazing for me.

Has anyone else tried this product? What did you think of it? 

Siobhan xxx








SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Gutted that it didn't work for you! So expensive as well :( xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Was abit gutted but nevermind I think I've found a use! Lol xxx

      Delete
  2. it's a shame it didn't work for you, especially as it's so expensive! have you tried the origins super spot remover? i use it and it's become on of my holy grail products!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say! I haven't tried this yet but I have just ordered one and waiting for it to arrive ha! :) Great minds think alike aye!?

      S xxxx

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig